The National Kitchen & Bath Association has been leading the kitchen and bath industry for nearly 50 years. With nearly 40,000 members across the United States and Canada, the NKBA requires professionalism and ethical business practices from all its members.
When you buy a product or service from a business that’s a member of the National Kitchen & Bath Association, you know that company has agreed to be bound by the NKBA’s code of professional conduct, which requires that the company will:
- Conduct its business in a manner that’s honorable and fair to customers.
- Avoid conflicts of interest by accepting payment from only one party in a transaction, except with the express consent of all parties.
- Never make false or misleading statements to consumers, employees, or other businesses.
- Disclose all interest charges and other fees to consumers up front.
- Help customers to understand and receive all the products and services entitled to them in the sales agreement.
- Offer services without prejudice to age, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, or veteran status.
- Refrain from using any questionable methods of soliciting business.
- Cooperate with other industry members for the good of the customer.
By choosing to do business with a member of the NKBA, you’ve chosen to work with a company that’s dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services for the kitchen or bath.
The premiere hallmark for kitchen and bath professionals, NKBA certification is based on in-depth testing and extensive industry experience. NKBA -certified designers and installers must also meet annual continuing education requirements.
You know that by choosing an NKBA-certified professional, you will be working with someone who:
- Has demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in kitchen and bath design, as well as construction, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems
- Adheres to a strict Code of Professional Conduct
- Is an expert in the NKBA Kitchen & Bath Planning Guidelines & Access Standards, which recognizes the importance of consumer health, safety, and welfare in kitchen and bath design
- Is a member of the NKBA, the kitchen and bath industry’s leading professional organization that provides them with the training and tools needed to succeed
- Is skilled at assessing consumers’ individual needs and wants, creating designs that meet and exceed these requirements
- Remains current on local building codes, safety and environmental regulations, and the wealth of new products and equipment on the market
For additional information on how the NKBA helps consumers, visit our Dream section where you’ll find a gallery of award-winning kitchen and bath designs from NKBA members. In addition, visit the Learn section under “for Homeowners” to find articles and tips written specifically for homeowners and an extensive glossary of kitchen and bath remodeling terms. There, you can also e-mail questions to the NKBA’s kitchen and bath experts and also download the NKBA Kitchen Planner & Bath Planner.